Edna & Wilfred is a boutique personal in home care agency founded and managed by Registered Nurses Renee Widger and Gabrielle Lanauze.
We are dedicated to providing high-quality aged care services with a unique approach within the home in the eastern suburbs of Sydney.
We provide a wide range of in home care services with a focus on the social and personal aspects of care. At Edna & Wilfred our strength is in developing a care plan for the individual client and providing that care in a highly personalised way.
We believe that our unique approach enhances the areas of life that make your day even more enjoyable – this sets us apart from other senior home care services. Life is for living and we want to help you live your life to the fullest.
With our help, you and your loved ones are able to stay in the comfort of your own home, maintain independence and feel confident in the knowledge that you are safe and cared for.
…Our vision is to provide a boutique home care service to clients living in the eastern suburbs. With a strong focus on personalised care and social support, we set ourselves apart from other home carers.
Our in home care agency has strict, high standards when employing our nurses and caregivers; ensuring strong initiative, confidence and being able to think outside the norm. All of our caregivers are mature, experienced, flexible, compassionate individuals with a passion for caring for the elderly.
Our clients’ needs, wants, desires, likes and dislikes come first. We want to ensure they are in control of their care and the service we provide is tailored to the very specific requirements of the individual.
EDNA & WILFRED TEAM
(02) 9344 9170
Renee was born in South Australia and studied to become a Registered Nurse at University of South Australia. Renee has worked as a Registered Nurse for 12 years and has spent time working in South Australia, Victoria and Ireland.
Renee grew to love working in Aged Care during her time as a Manager of an Aged Care Community service in Melbourne. This service worked with clients who would frequently present to the hospital and had very minimal links within the community. During her time in this role, Renee gained a vast amount of experience with the different community services available to the elderly and also a passion for ensuring their needs were met.
Renee moved to the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney with her family four years ago and loves the lifestyle and the people. Renee enjoys providing in home care and nursing to the elderly, enabling people to live happy and supported lives. Renee feels strongly about personalised care and is a big believer of client-driven care.
Renee is currently undertaking a Post Graduate degree in Aged Care through Flinders University.
(02) 9344 9170
Gabrielle was 10 years old when she decided she wanted to become a Nurse and help people. One day, her younger sister, Celestine, cut her foot badly on broken glass. Whilst their older sister, Jacqueline, ran off to get help, Gabrielle placed her hand over the nasty cut in an effort to stop the bleeding. The Nurses at the local hospital told her she was a natural and from that moment, Gabrielle was inspired. Her father was quite elderly; he had diabetes and injected insulin twice a day. With her father in full support of her becoming a Nurse, he asked if she would like to get in some early injecting training. This proved invaluable experience for Gabrielle, both practically and in terms of developing a great passion for caring for those who can no longer fully care for themselves.
Gabrielle graduated as a Registered Nurse in 1996. With a diverse nursing career spanning 20 years across Australia, England and New Zealand, Gabrielle is pleased to now bring her skills, compassion and love of caring for the elderly to her local community.
Our other in home care agency services:
Our in home care agency believes in providing personal care based on the individual, designing your care your way.
- Showering, dressing, toileting, grooming and oral hygiene
- Basic wound care, maintenance of healthy skin integrity
- Medication supervision and administration
- Transportation – medical appointments, GP, Physio, specialist appointments – (i.e podiatrist).
- Liaison with family members and primary care providers
- Continuing assessment of health and wellness, nutrition and hygiene.
- Monitoring of acute and chronic medical conditions
You may require some extra assistance with tasks around the home. We will provide assistance, enabling you to continue to remain independent yet supported.
- Light housekeeping duties such as laundry, ironing, dish washing
- Surface cleaning of the kitchen and bathroom
- General tidying, changing of linen and bed making
- Food and meal preparation including assistance with meals
- Cooking and baking
- Grocery shopping, bill payment and banking
If the loved one who cares for you at home needs to take a break from time to time, we can provide your care in their absence.
- Respite – This service aims to provide a caregiver with a break or change of scenery. Do you need someone to be looked after for a period of time whilst you run an errand or attend an appointment? One of our staff can assist you during this time.
- 24 Hour Care – Assistance within the home for a longer period of time. Providing reassurance to you or your loved one that someone is available to care for you at all times.
- Sleepovers – One of our staff can stay overnight to assist with the night time routine, provide care overnight and prepare for the morning.
“The improvement in mum was as sudden as it was dramatic… this wasn’t simply a product of the support and professionalism that Gabrielle provided, it had much to do with her kindness and thoughtfulness.”
“My mother is a good judge, and picked up very quickly on Gabrielle’s sincerity, and it was lovely to witness a bond forged between the two of them.”